Sunday, March 15, 2009

LIFE: It's what you make it.

I've been getting a lot of questions like...

"Are you home sick?"
"Do you miss the states??"
"Do you miss New York???"

No. I'm not. I don't. I've been extremely blessed to be apart of this experience
First because an exception was made in order for me to do this.
Second because we have recently got word that we will be the last group to participate in this program. We're not quite sure as to WHY... my guess is we'll find out in due time. 

HOWEVER. I've come to realize that the world is MUCH bigger than New York. It's MUCH bigger than the US and it has so much more to offer. I'm very grateful to be able to exist comfortably in another world. I'm beginning to fully understand and wholeheartedly take pride in the title CHAMELEON.  I can fully exist in another land... another world and completely emerge myself in that world with little complaint.

Given there may be some similarities that cross which of course allows the ease of transition. I'm happy to be here taking it ALL in. I've come to fully understand that this experience will last 6 months (as far as I know) and I have the rest of my life to experience the place(s) called Home. 

LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT! 

Remember to take chances. Plow through the doors of life and remain open and appreciative for what's on the other side. Remain THANKFUL that you weren't left wondering...

2 comments: